Hello. As some of you may have read, I will be running the Bath ½ marathon in March. I will be running this with a bunch of other great people from the office where I work and we are running in aid of the Brain Tumour Charity.
I will be attempting to race 13.1 Miles for the first time in several years and off the back of double Achilles tendonitis. Please show your support by donating a little to the charity…
You can help me raise money for this great cause by donating directly to my office’s fundraising page – https://www.justgiving.com/Bath-Half-Marathon-March-2019.
From The Brain Tumour Charity:
These brain tumour statistics are shocking. We believe that fighting brain tumours on all fronts through research, awareness and support is the only way to save lives, reduce long-term disabilities and help everyone with a brain tumour and their families.
· Brain tumours are the biggest cancer killer of children and adults under 40.
· Almost 11,000 people are diagnosed each year with a primary brain tumour, including 500 children and young people – that’s 30 people every day.
· Over 5,000 people lose their lives to a brain tumour each year.
· At least 102,000 children and adults are estimated to be living with a brain tumour in the UK currently.
· Brain tumours reduce life expectancy by on average 20 years – the highest of any cancer.
· Just 19% of adults survive for five years after diagnosis.
· Brain tumours are the largest cause of preventable or treatable blindness in children.
· Research offers the only real hope of dramatic improvements in the management and treatment of brain tumours.
· Over £500m is spent on cancer research in the UK every year, yet less than 2% is spent on brain tumours.
Fundraising page – https://www.justgiving.com/Bath-Half-Marathon-March-2019.
Stay Healthy friends.
As always I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below…
Have an awesome week
Come and like the FaceBook page and if you want to join the NewHealth community, just ask to join the private group.