Healthy Diet (Page 4)

B Vitamins

So What Are B Vitamins ? B Vitamins are not just a single vitamin but a set of vitamins grouped together. Vitamin B is water soluble whereas Vitamin D, A and E etc are only fat soluble. Many of the brain’s functions and metabolic reactions require one or more B group Vitamins in order to take place, in fact optimal neural functioning would not be possible without vitamin B. As B Vitamins are water soluble, the body can not store them and a fresh dietary intake is needed. If no Vitamin B is consumed for a few days, mental and cognitive impairment would be noticeable. See thisRead More →

Fasting Mimicking Diet

The Fasting Mimicking Diet has positive effects on pancreas regeneration and restores the ability to control blood sugar. Much like intermittent fasting, the Fasting Mimicking Diet uses the bodys ability survive periods of famine and reduced food intake. But what is a Fasting Mimicking Diet? The bodies adaptive response to famine is to minimise energy expenditure and it achieves this by the atrophy of some tissues in the body. Once food becomes available again the body starts a process of rebuilding the atrophied tissues and this break down and rebuilding of the tissues is carried out via stem-cell based regeneration. Experiments have been done on rats andRead More →

7 Basic Exercises

In this post I want to present to you 7 Basic Exercises and a simple workout program to start you on your path to a better body. Weight loss is easy with these 7 basic exercises. Basically eat less and move more because diet is 80% of the battle with weight loss. The remaining 20% is where the sweat comes in. I may cover dieting basics in a later post but for now, here are some basic exercises for toning and weight loss, based on body weight exercises and simple HIIT sessions. You can find a free PDF of the workouts here: TrainingProgram and below are videosRead More →

Creatine Benefits

Creatine Benefits, Why Creatine Monohydrate is best and how can Creatine benefit your workouts? Hi, I know there is a lot of information out there on Creatine and Creatine Benefits but I just wanted to give you a quick roundup of what I found while doing my own reading on the subject of Creatine, what is it and how do you get the best from it. The first thing I should clear up is that CREATINE IS’NT A STEROID! The second thing to point out is that CREATINE WILL NOT RUIN YOUR KIDNEYS! You should always be drinking lots of water while using Creatine anyway andRead More →

The Domino Effect

In this post, I would like to talk about how the Domino Effect can work for you. Like many of us, there are many times in your fitness journey where you will start a task, only to find that you needed to do something else first in order to do what you wanted. Having done this “side task, you go back to complete the first task and get stuck again because… You guessed it, you need to do yet another thing first before you can do what you actually set out to do. Take losing weight as an example. You start doing massive amounts of cardio toRead More →

PU-ERH tea

Pu-Erh Tea is named after Pu’er City, the trading post for dark tea during the imperial China. WHAT IS PU-ERH TEA? Pu-Erh Tea is “Dark or Black Tea” and different to “Red Tea” which the Western world calls “Black Tea”. I first heard about Pu-Erh tea from Tim Ferriss and have recently started to experiment with it for my mid morning Caffeine fix. How is Pu-Erh Tea made? The tea is made by the microbial fermentation and oxidation of the tea leaves, after they have been dried and rolled. Fermentation and maturation of the tea is a gradual process with the beneficial effects and flavour improving withRead More →

6 health foods

Health food facts, can you believe them 100 %? If like most people you don’t have the time to research the health food facts we are told, then we need to trust that the information we have been provided is the best and most appropriate. In this post, I hope to make you think about the health food facts you may take for granted and start to question some of the facts we are expected to take on face value. The following six foods may be on your healthy eating list but are they actually as good as they are claimed to be? While I amRead More →