10 Recommended Creatine Monohydrate brands you may want to try.
So in this post, I want to show you the different brands of creatine monohydrate I have used over the past several years, each one will have bullet points and brief descriptions, taken from Amazon, along with my comments on how I found the products worked and my personal rating out of 10.
Please note that the links in this post are to the product pages in Amazon and buying via one of the links will help support this site, at no cost to you.
I hope you find this list helpful, if you do, please let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
This is one of the best brands I have used. Mixes Well and has little taste.
I would give this a 9/10.
- 3.4 g of pure creatine monohydrate to increase muscle power
- Mixes easily with no gritty taste
- Mix with water, juice or your protein shake
- Can be taken at any time; Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine Powder 0.33 lb Unflavoured is a health supplement, which aids in the development of your muscles
Micronised Creatine Powder: Each serving supplies a full 5 grams (5000 mg) of 99.9 per cent pure Micronised Creatine Monohydrate. The production method used to produce this Creatine yields a tasteless and odourless powder that mixes easily into water or juice and does not readily settle to the bottom. As a result, the gritty taste or texture you may have experienced with other Creatine powders is not associated with this product.
I found this one to be a bit hit or miss in regards to texture. Again this one mixed well and had little taste.
I would give this a 7/10.
- Ultra pure Creatine Monohydrate
- Promotes high-intensity energy
- Most widely used sports supplement
- Increase strength
- Increase muscle mass
A quality Whey Protein should always be taken alongside Creatine in order to help muscles recover from the increased intensity of training sessions. Other complementary products include core products such as BCAA and a quality carbohydrate source such as Scottish Oats.
Very disappointed with this one. Gritty texture, mixing was ok but needed to be with a protein shake to mask texture.
I would give this a 6/10.
- Ideal for power based sports
- Can be easily mixed in water
- Can help improve strength and power
Creatine Monohydrate is suitable for anyone partaking in prolonged or high-intensity exercise, looking to improve physical performance. Dietary sources of creatine include various meats and fish providing approximately 3-7 g per kg. However, consuming large quantities (kg’s) of such foods may potentially increase your dietary protein to excessive values alongside body fat which is why using creatine monohydrate in pill, powder or capsule form is far more practical and effective.
OK this one is not a Monohydrate! But I thought I would throw it into the mix for you…
Good product but expensive for what it is. Overpriced and underperformed.
I would give this a 5/10.
- Building lean muscle without the assistance of high-GI carbs and loading
- Prevents muscle breakdown
- Speeds up recovery
- Increases muscle stamina and strength
- Increases HGH (Human Growth Hormone) levels
Speeds up recovCreatine X4 provides a revolutionary form of creatine which does not rely on insulin for its uptake. Creatine Ethyl Ester HCl is a fat-soluble form of creatine. It stores as a phosphate in the muscle cells for ATP to regenerate, thereby allowing for fast muscle recovery during workouts. Each serving supplies 1000mg of glycine. Glycine is an amino acid that retards muscle degeneration by supplying additional creatine. It also helps repair damaged muscle tissue. Beta Alanine is added to the formulation as it plays a major role in the transfer of both nitrogen and nutrients. Creatine X4 is the new generation creatine that could be the supplement you were waiting for to take your physical performance to the next level.
This is another top brand in my opinion. Mixes Well and has no taste.
I would give this a 9/10.
- Grenade Creatine Monohydrate is 100% pure (no added fillers or bulking agents)
- Extensively studied and widely recognised for enhancing strength, recovery, anaerobic capacity and lean mass
- Essential for athletes who want to maximise their high-intensity exercise performance, muscle mass and physical recovery
- Grenade Creatine is unflavoured, so is perfect to mix with the rest of our supplement range
- Informed Sport approved
“Creatine Monohydrate is one of the most extensively studied supplements available and is widely recognised for enhancing strength, recovery, anaerobic capacity and lean mass. With this vast amount of research, creatine is essential for athletes who want to maximise their high-intensity exercise performance, muscle mass and physical recovery. Creatine is a molecule that is naturally produced in the body and is also naturally found in food. Whilst not an amino itself, creatine is produced in the body from the amino acids glycine, arginine and methionine. Grenade Essentials Creatine is 99% pure with no added fillers or bulking agents, providing an easily absorbed form of creatine.”
Another run of the mill product which you can usually pick up on offer. Ok taste and texture.
I would give this a 7/10.
- 100 percent pure, ultra-premium quality Creatine Monohydrate powder
- Increase muscle volume, endurance and explosiveness
- Research proven from over 20 years of scientific study
- Easy to mix into your pre-workout drink, protein or fruit juice
- Made in the UK and available in a variety of sizes
What is Pure Creatine Monohydrate? Pure Creatine Monohydrate is 100% pure creatine monohydrate in powder form so it is easy to add to any drink or shake. Why should I take Pure Creatine Monohydrate? Pure Creatine Monohydrate increases performance during short-term high intensity repeated exercise bouts. Who should take Pure Creatine Monohydrate? Pure creatine monohydrate is recommended for sports which require high-intensity, explosive movements and for athletes such as bodybuilders, powerlifters and sprinters. How do I take Pure Creatine monohydrate? On Workout Days: Add 5g’s (1 level scoop) to a high-carbohydrate drink (e.g. fruit juice or Performance Recover) and consume within 30 minutes of completing your workout. On Non-Workout Days: Add 5g’s to a high-carbohydrate drink and consume first thing in the morning, upon waking. At Bodybuilding Warehouse we pride ourselves on quality. Pure creatine monohydrate is made in our very own state of the art production facility using ingredients from approved, audited suppliers who meet our strict quality assurance standards and work within our principles.
Does what it says on the tin. Nothing special but no real issues either. For the price, the quality seemed pretty good. Mixes Well and has little taste. From the Creatine Monohydrate powders I have tried to date…
I would give this my 10/10. !!
- Creatine increases physical performance in successive bursts of short-term,high-intensityy exercise
- The benchmark of all creatine products with a proven safety record
- Creapure use a patented manufacturing process to ensure the absence of impurities
- The benchmark of all creatine products; Creapure uses a patented manufacturing process to ensure the absence of impurities
- Proven to be highly effective and safe, Reflex only supply and manufacture products with Creapure creatine monohydrate.
Creatine naturally exists in the body and is instrumental in the provision of energy. Creatine naturally exists in the body and is instrumental in the provision of energy. By using supplemental creatine, proven increases in both power, explosive strength, as well as endurance capacity, can be increased. This explains why creatine has become one of the most widely used supplements amongst both recreational sports people as well as professional athletes and sports people alike. Reflex only use Creapure Creatine is the premium brand of creatine on a worldwide basis and meets the highest individual standards of quality, safety and effectiveness. High quality, and therefore safe, creatine products bear the Creapure logo. For more information on creatine and its amazing performance effects, please visit the official Creapure website.
Another good choice if it is on offer. Mixes Well and has little taste.
I would give this an 8/10.
- Muscle building aid
- European sourced and produced for high quality and efficacy
- Ultra pure creatine monohydrate powder
- Micronised for rapid absorption and utilisation
- Scientifically researched for safety and effectiveness
Sci-MX’s Creatine Monohydrate can significantly boost your training for muscle size, strength and explosive power by providing a greater stimulus for muscle hypertrophy.
Research has shown increases in lean body mass, arm girth, thigh girth and chest girth as well as an increased generation of power during repeated sprints. Creatine monohydrate has been widely used by power athletes and bodybuilders for over twenty years and continues to grow in popularity. Sci-MX’s Creatine Monohydrate is the purest form available and is laboratory tested to be free from contaminants. mhyg
This one used to be my goto staple until I discovered more palatable products. Does what it needs to but with a chalky aftertaste.
I would give this a 7/10.
- Pure micronized creapure creatine monohydrate
- The most tested and most effective form of creatine
- Readily absorbed creatine formula
- Boosts strength and performance
- Creatine supplement
Universal nutrition creatine powder is made from the highest quality, patented, purest micronized. The only clinically proven form is creatine monohydrate powder. It is created in Germany. It’s patented. It’s the best in the world. It contains ATP (adenosine triphosphate) which is the energy source for all muscular contractions (bodybuilding). Energy is created when ATP releases one of its phosphate groups (ATP then becomes ADP). Creatine offers a phosphate back to ADP, reforming ATP, and thus restoring your ATP pool. By doing so, you can work out more intensely, longer, and more effectively. It can be used to improve your strength and performance. It can help build lean mass by volumizing and hydrating muscle cells, thus creating a necessary anabolic environment for growth.
I only used this one once as it used to be prety expensive. It has a good reputation but…
I would give this an average 7/10 for the price alone.
- 100 percent ultra pure creatine monohydrate
- Premium grade 200 mesh specification for fast absorption to the body
- Aids increases physical performance
- Increase performance in high intensity workouts
The Protein Works unflavoured creatine monohydrate is simply the quality creatine on the market today. Made from 100 percent pure creatine, nothing has been added or taken away during the production process. It is 100 percent 200 mesh, meaning it has an ultra small particle size to ensure fast absorption by the body. Creatine monohydrate is one of the supplements for those undertaking strength, speed and power based training. This is based on its ability to increase physical performance in successive bursts of short-term, high-intensity exercise. Available in 250 g pack.
So that was my top 10 Creatine products reviewed. What are your thoughts? have you used a better brand you want to share? maybe you have a brand you would avoid in future?
Leave a comment and show us which brand of creatine you prefer and why.
Wishing you good health and happiness